Federal Law No175-fz of December 20, 2002 «On the Election of Deputies of the State Duma of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation»
|Название||Federal Law No175-fz of December 20, 2002 «On the Election of Deputies of the State Duma of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation»|
Article 78. Early Voting
1. A district election commission may allow all voters in one of or several electoral precincts on ships at sea on voting day, at polar stations, in other remote and hard-to-reach areas to vote early but not earlier than 15 days prior to voting day. In this case, early voting shall be conducted in accordance with the rules established by Article 77 of this Federal Law. Immediately after the end of early voting votes cast by voters shall be counted and vote returns shall be determined in accordance with the requirements of Clauses 80 and 81 of this Federal Law.
2. If separate groups of voters included in the voters list of an electoral precinct remain at places which are far away from the polling station and are inaccessible or hard to reach by any means of transport (at polar stations and in other remote and hard-to-reach areas) and, therefore, early voting cannot be conducted in the whole electoral precinct in accordance with Clause 1 of this article, a district election commission may, with the concurrence of the election commission of a Russian Federation subject, allow these groups of voters to vote early, but not earlier than 15 days before voting day, in the course of several days, in the procedure established by Clauses 3 to 9 of this article.
3. Early voting indicated in Clause 2 of this article shall be conducted with the use of mobile ballot boxes, the quantity of such boxes being determined by a relevant precinct election commission. Before early voting starts, at the premises of a precinct election commission empty mobile ballot boxes shall be shown to and examined by the majority of the commission's members and the persons indicated in Clause 5, Article 31 of this Federal Law, and an appropriate certificate shall be executed to record this fact. After that, empty mobile ballot boxes shall be sealed (seals shall be affixed to the ballot boxes).
4. Two voting members of a precinct election commission shall put their signatures at the upper right on the face of each ballot issued to an early voter and their signatures shall be certified by a seal of a precinct election commission.
5. Early voting outside the polling station shall be conducted by not less than two voting members of a precinct election commission. They shall be provided with a mobile ballot box sealed beforehand in a precinct election commission; the required number of ballots of a standard form; an excerpt from the voters list containing the data of the voters whom they are going to visit to conduct early voting, or the voters list; the necessary writing utensils (excepting pencils) for voters to mark ballots.
6. An early voter shall sign for each ballot issued to him in the excerpt from the voters list or in the voters list. Members of a precinct election commission who conduct early voting shall make a note in the said excerpt or in the said voters list to indicate that the voter voted early and shall indicate the date and time of voting. If a voter put his signature in the excerpt from the voters list, these notes as well as the series and number of the passport or an equivalent identity document shall be entered in the voters list after the end of early voting. The said excerpt from the voters list shall be kept together with the voters list. The entries made in the voters list shall be signed by members of a precinct election commission who conducted early voting.
7. A voter shall mark the ballot and drop it into a mobile ballot box as provided in Article 77 of this Federal Law.
8. A certificate shall be drawn up to record the fact of early voting, indicating the day and time of voting, the number of voters who received ballots for participation in early voting, the names of the election commission members and other persons present at the voting. This certificate shall be kept together with the mobile ballot box.
9. After the end of early voting the slots for ballots in mobile ballot boxes shall be sealed by the chairman of a precinct election commission. Arrangements for safekeeping of mobile ballot boxes shall be made by the secretary of a precinct election commission. Mobile ballot boxes shall not be opened till the beginning of vote counting at the polling station. Mobile ballot boxes containing ballots dropped there by early voters shall not be used for voting on voting day.
10. Early voting may be witnessed by persons indicated in Clause 5, Article 31 of this Federal Law. When early voting is to be conducted with the use of mobile ballot boxes, a precinct election commission shall make arrangements for at least two persons from among non-voting members of the election commission, observers appointed by different registered candidates, political parties, electoral blocs to have the same possibilities to go to the place where early voting is to be conducted as the voting members of a precinct election commission who are to conduct early voting .
11. Early voting shall be conducted only at the time established by the decision of a relevant precinct election commission. This time shall be made known to voters and persons indicated in Clause 5, Article 31 of this Federal Law through the mass media and/or by other means.
12. When conducting early voting an election commission shall ensure the secrecy of voting, prevent any possibility of the expression of the voters' will being distorted, make arrangements for safekeeping of ballots and ensure that the votes of voters are reckoned in when the vote returns are determined and election results are established.